[Sca-cooks] Lebkuchen

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon May 23 23:50:34 PDT 2005

Speaking of Lebkuchen Selene said:
> Huette von Ahrens wrote:
> > I could
> > probably special order these from them, but it would be infinitely
> > cheaper and better if
> > I made them myself anyway.
>
> Absolutely true, which is why you should start baking now so they are
> properly aged and ready for Crown Prince Prize Tourney on July 2.

Oh? I must have missed or forgotten this from the previous discussions
of Lebkuchen. What happens during this aging time? Do you keep them
wrapped up or something? Otherwise, I would think you would end up with
cookies similar to hardtack, so hard you would have to dip them in
something to eat them. But if they aren't dried out, how do you keep
them from spoiling?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas