[Sca-cooks] oven at conwy castle

Mary Morman mem at rialto.org
Mon May 30 19:28:56 PDT 2005

the oven at conwy castle isn't brick, but stone.  i have a great picture
of myself and a friend (neither of us dainty little ladies, let me tell
you...) sitting inside the oven.  the kitchens at conwy were in a
building set against the side wall of the main courtyard, but the "bake
tower" where the oven is located is one of the original towers of the
castle.  it gives whole new meaning to the story of hansel and gretl.
anyone who would like a copy of the photo, please contact me off list.
elaina

--
One must wait until evening to see how splendid the day has been.