[Sca-cooks] Recipe suggestions

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon May 2 21:29:37 PDT 2005

I've heard that we've got a good, wet front coming through.  *sigh*  We
need the moisture so badly, and it is the wet time of year for this part
of the Rocky Mountains, but I can do without the headache and the joint
pain.  Blech. I don't live in the Pacific NorthWet, thankyouverymuch.  I
live in the Rockies, so maybe we need to be building great big rock
diversions against AnTiran weather?? (oh, wait, silly....that's what the
mountains are supposed to do! ;o)
Obligatory Food-ish Question: I'm assuming that middle-ages me, if
educated in these things, would have seen my physical reactions to storm
fronts/weather changes as an imbalance in my humors? Would it have been
seen as too much of the moist/cold? Not enough? Anyone care to expound
on what sort of foods or herbs would have been recommended? Modern-me
does Pretty Good with her NSAIDS, but wonders how similar things were
handled in the 14th century....
--maire