[Sca-cooks] Re: another one gets a Maunche

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Tue May 3 13:07:19 PDT 2005

It looked wonderful all the way around.

Hey, did you get some photos of the presets? That "cattail" centerpiece made with scallions and sausage was great; the small boys at our table devoured the sausages pretty quickly, however (although I am guilty of demolishing the capers on the plate, I joyfully heaped them on the salmon pie).

Me and capers. :-) I know when I am PMSing when I suddenly the thought of eating an entire bottle of capers is overwhelmingly appealing.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that egg dish with fried onions and a mustard and butter sauce on the dayboard ... was sooooo good. Especially when stuffed into the heel of a loaf of Italian bread and eaten like a sandwich. One gentleman who followed my example said, "This is great, but it would be perfect if it had bacon in it!" Heh.

Gianotta