[Sca-cooks] Marrow substitute

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed May 4 20:41:47 PDT 2005

Unless you're buying it in the 10-lb. chubs, hamburger here is over
$3/lb.  It costs more than boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  Steaks
are 4 and 5 dollars a pound (or more, for the fancier cuts), roasts
usually over 3, unless you find a screaming deal.  Pork not that much
cheaper, and let's *not* mention the price of fish.
It's enough to make me go vegetarian, for pete's sake.  Given current
living situation, I can't even buy in bulk when it's on sale.....
*sigh*
--sue in nw artemisia (montana)