[Sca-cooks] non-meaty cooking, was Re: Meat prices

Betsy Marshal betsy at softwareinnovation.com
Thu May 5 09:27:44 PDT 2005

I seem to recall some discussion of making paneer with milk and vinegar(or
lemon juice) -hopefully it is still in the archives, as my saved messages
were lost in an Xmas computer transfer.
But along the lines of: heat milk to just bubbling, add .5 tablespoon of
(choice of acid) per cup of milk, stir while it clumps up, drain curds,
press if desired, use right away.
I also had a very edible result from a gallon of milk- never opened- that
got put in the garage fridge, and all the solids settled out on their own.
(But that took several weeks.) Used it in an au gratin dish of sweet
potatoes, when I was short on cheddar.
Betsy