Meat prices, was Re: [Sca-cooks] Marrow substitute

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu May 5 11:07:00 PDT 2005

Huette von Ahrens wrote:

>I guess I am lucky.  I just bought 20 lbs of 15% hamburger for $20.  It was the kind that was
>packaged in long cylindrical packages.  I walked by, looking at the regular prices and decided
>not to buy, until I saw little stickers on the packages that said "priced to sell".  Their
>sell date was that day, so they had reduced the price so they wouldn't have to chuck it.
>They had four 5 lb packages reduced and I bought all of them.  Three are sitting in the
>freezer and I am working through the fourth gradually. Hamburgers yesterday.  Meatloaf today.
>Spaghetti on Saturday.
>
>Huette

And if you get one of those "handy-dandy" things that pull the air out
of a package before doing a heat seal, what you purchase will keep a lot
longer!  This also keeps stuff from getting freezer burn.  This is one
appliance that is REALLY worth the cost, though they're not really all
that expensive.  I've seen them reasonabley priced at BJ's Warehouse on
a regular basis.

Kiri