Meat prices, was Re: [Sca-cooks] Marrow substitute

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu May 5 13:27:29 PDT 2005

--- "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius" <adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:
> Also sprach Huette von Ahrens:
> >--- "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius"
> ><adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:
> >
> >>  Adamantius, doing 87 things at once
> >
> >At least you have not been 86'd.
> >
> >Huette :-)
>
> Does that mean I'm still on the menu? Talk about yer ritual cannibalism...
>
> A.

For reasons unknown to me I have been watching that PBS series, "Cooking Under Fire", with
Ming Tsai, Todd English and Michael Ruhlman.  When they remove a contestant from the contest,
the contestant is "86'd".  It really isn't a good show.  I haven't learned anything about
recipes or food that I didn't already know before.  The only thing I have learned is that
I wouldn't want to be given one hour to produce a couple of impressive dishes where the kitchen
is too small and everyone has to compete for burners or oven space.  Fortunately, the show
is only 1/2 hour.  Unfortunately, there is nothing else of interest opposite it.

Huette

Optimism is an intellectual choice.