Meat prices, was Re: [Sca-cooks] Marrow substitute

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu May 5 13:36:31 PDT 2005

Also sprach Huette von Ahrens:
>--- "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius"
><adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:
>>  Also sprach Huette von Ahrens:
>>  >--- "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius"
>>  ><adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:
>>  >
>>  >>  Adamantius, doing 87 things at once
>>  >
>>  >At least you have not been 86'd.
>>  >
>>  >Huette :-)
>>
>>  Does that mean I'm still on the menu? Talk about yer ritual cannibalism...
>>
>>  A.
>
>For reasons unknown to me I have been watching that PBS series,
>"Cooking Under Fire", with
>Ming Tsai, Todd English and Michael Ruhlman.  When they remove a
>contestant from the contest,
>the contestant is "86'd".  It really isn't a good show.  I haven't
>learned anything about
>recipes or food that I didn't already know before.  The only thing I
>have learned is that
>I wouldn't want to be given one hour to produce a couple of
>impressive dishes where the kitchen
>is too small and everyone has to compete for burners or oven space.
>Fortunately, the show
>is only 1/2 hour.  Unfortunately, there is nothing else of interest
>opposite it.

I haven't seen it yet. Under the right circumstances, I could
probably make a phone call tonight and do the exact same thing
tomorrow, but I confess a reality TV show in which twelve (or however
many it is) people compete for a job in a fine New York City
restaurant is a little _too_ real for me.

A.

eat cake!"
Rousseau, "Confessions", 1782

Holt, 07/29/04