[Sca-cooks] "Cooking Under Fire"

Daniel Myers eduard at medievalcookery.com
Sat May 7 07:11:34 PDT 2005

On May 7, 2005, at 1:32 AM, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> One of the first contests was to cook an egg they were given. They
> could use other ingredients they found in the kitchen. I probably
> would have hard-boiled the egg and then cut it decoratively and
> used bits of vegetation and such to make a pretty presentation. I'm
> rather surprised that none of the contestants did this. Perhaps a
> hard-boiled egg is too "simple". Other entries were eggs scrambled
> with various items and omelets.

Did they specify what kind of dish was to be made with the egg?  One
of the first ideas that came to my mind was an little custard topped
with snowe.  Of course, that assumes that sugar, cream and milk would
be available, and if a citrus fruit was around the zest could be used
as flavoring.

- Doc

--
  Edouard Halidai  (Daniel Myers)