[Sca-cooks] [Fwd: [EK] Dying linen with saffron]

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon May 9 22:25:44 PDT 2005

  Lord Vincenzo Martino Mazza asked:
> Is anyone able to peovide the information that Baron Ernst
> is requesting?

Are you looking for modern instructions on doing this? Or period
references to this being done? Or period instructions for how to do
this?

This Florilegium file has several period references to it being done
and at least one very brief, cursory period description of doing it. It
might have some better modern instructions also, but I didn't look
through it in detail after finding the period references.
dyeing-msg      (176K) 12/30/04   Dyeing techniques and discussion.

You might also want to check these files as well. All of these are in
the TEXTILE ARTS section.
dye-list-art      (9K) 2/28/00   A list of period plant dyes by Moriel.
mordants-msg     (17K) 7/30/98   Info. on mordants. Period and modern.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com