[Sca-cooks] "Cooking Under Fire"

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon May 9 22:54:00 PDT 2005

Betsy replied to me and Olwen with:
> But don't hard boiled eggs take 10-15 min -of boiling- to cook all the
> way through?

Well, I had mis-remembered the rules of that particular contest because
I thought much more time was available. But even so, I thought the time
to get a hard-boiled egg was closer to 6 minutes. But I went and looked
it up, and you are indeed correct. So, if the time limit is indeed ten
minutes, then I guess no hard-boiled eggs. :-) Maybe poached?

By the way, my book also said that you didn't actually want to boil the
water with the eggs in it because they are likely to bounce against
each other and break. But then, I imagine there are many ways to boil
eggs. Several can be found in the Florilegium eggs-msg file.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com