[Sca-cooks] re-introduction of sorts

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Wed May 11 05:29:35 PDT 2005

Ljufvina scripsit:
> I'm tackling a German feast in Jan. 06'. I'm planning on doing it in two
> parts. First part is served from 4-5 pm , then a break for court and
> then serve part 2 from 6-7 pm. Has anyone done anything like this and if
> you did, how did it work out. I'm hoping that extra hour in between will
> work to my advantage.  Tell me what you think.

I frequently schedule a longish break between courses, and it seems to work
very well. It gives you time in the kitchen to do last-minute prep on your
second course, without being too rushed, and it gives the diners time to
really enjoy the meal. However, I recommend that you make your first course
fairly light, so that people are looking forward to the second course
instead of deciding to go home because they're full. Also, while you should
definitely be ready to serve on time, remember that court *always* runs
long.

Cynara