[Sca-cooks] re-introduction of sorts

Jane Massey dylansmom at cox.net
Thu May 12 12:34:06 PDT 2005

Johnnae wrote

"Is court in the same hall as the feast or
do people get up from the table and adjourn to another
hall for court?
Just wondering about the logistics of people in, seated, eat,
leave, return, eat, etc."

As of right now we are not sure where it's going to be. Our back-up place does have two seperate areas and is rather large but the event steward prefers to find a different place that allows alcohol.

I also had thought of the fact that people who are off-board might feel left out. It's a local 12th night event and most people will eat feast anyway. What else is there to do at 12th night? Food and dancing is pretty much the theme for the day.

The local Baronness wants to have feast early, so I would have to start about 4 o'clock anyway. I'd like to be able to have 2 removes, then a short break then 1 remove with a dessert sideboard. I just want to be able to break it up. Our local baronies tend to have courts that last 30-40 minutes and give people 15 minutes for shuffling between feast and court. I went to an event that split things up and it seemed to work very well. Court lasted about 35 minutes and   the feast continued afterward. It seemed well received. I noticed though that more people were on-board at this event. The people who went off-board had tables set up so they could bring their own food or they went to the area set up for games and played games and socialized until court started.

~Ljufvina