[Sca-cooks] FW: [TY] Re: Medieval and/or Middle Eastern Recipiescontaining Tomatoes

Pat mordonna22 at yahoo.com
Sun May 15 17:06:27 PDT 2005

Actually, the recipe is on the Ministry of Culture website.  However, there is no primary source listed, and the recipe is merely dated as "Ottoman".  The web site dates the Ottoman Empire as extending from the 13th century until 1923.

Mordonna

Terry Decker <t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

I would also like to see the citation for the primary source for the recipe
from the Turkish Minister of Culture. Having spent over 30 years in
government service, I am well aware that most people working in the public
sector do not adhere to academic standards when writing PR pieces. Since a
primary source has not been mentioned, I think the Turkish government may
have left that out of their little booklet, which raises the question of
accuracy of transcription and translation.

Pat Griffin
Lady Anne du Bosc
known as Mordonna the Cook
Shire of Thorngill, Meridies
Mundanely, Millbrook, AL
Vert, between four cauldrons or, a cross checky argent and sable