[Sca-cooks] sometimes I love this list

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Mon May 16 13:52:51 PDT 2005

Well, baby, you should subscribe to the Meridian Tavern Yard for a few days
:)
The laurels are coming out in force today (I've only made it about half way
through the posts so far, but several folks have waded into the fray with
our 'yutz' (I like Phlip's term), explaining why 'chance finds' 'oral
evidence' and 'tertiary sources' won't do in convincing us that the commonly
held western beliefs are all Euro-centric Turk-bashing.  He's falling back
on "I know the ways of my people, and you can't tell me any different", so
it's getting really silly now, but I have to say everyone is being
incredibly polite while trying to point out the flaws in his logic.
Christianna