[Sca-cooks] Ah..the restaurant auction!

Alexa mysticgypsy1008 at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 05:44:35 PDT 2005

There was an article in a local paper (VA Beach, VA),
that had said that a local post office would donate
appropriate books to some of the librarys.  But, they
had to stop, something about it going against some
kind of corporate rules....Seems they would rather
auction them off, recoup some of the money lost from
shipping, etc then to donate to a good cause.  It also
went on to say that some of the library people then
decided to go to the auctions, bid on some of the
books and then donate them to the library.

Just some side info on that since you mentioned the
whole lost to the post office stuff...
Alexa

--- Johnna Holloway <johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu>
wrote:
> What's interesting is that one can also check out
> the USPS
> auctions of unclaimed merchandise lost in the mails.
> I always wondered what happened to my books that
> never came.>
> Johnnae

Discover Yahoo!