[Sca-cooks] RE: Bolognese (OOP)

ekoogler1 at comcast.net ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed May 18 11:02:23 PDT 2005

Actually, I canned some  pear butter and some other preserved-type things in glass jars with screw caps, wrapped them thoroughly in bubble wrap, put more bubble wrap on the bottom of a good, sturdy box, put the canned goods inside, then a layer of bubble wrap on the top and shipped the resulting package to a friend in Alaska.  She let me know that it all got there in good condition with no problem.  It would seem to me that if the sauces were cooked, then properly canned using glass jars and a hot-water bath for canning, they should be fine to ship.

Kiri