[Sca-cooks] Okra - Seasonal Foods

Martinsen at ansteorra.org Martinsen at ansteorra.org
Thu May 19 06:22:08 PDT 2005

Why are you frightened of Okra?  Sure it can be slimy, but
I find the best way to keep it (or just cook it) is to
slice it into rounds, coat in cornmeal and fry in bacon
grease.

yummy.....

Vitha, raised in the north, but all my mom's relatives are
in Oklahoma..

I wonder if there is anything like your program up in
MD...

> tasty when sauteed.  I'm not exactly looking forward to
>okra season, I
> understand there was quite a lot of it last year.  But,
>I figure it will
> never be any better or fresher than this, so I should
>expand my vegetable
> horizons as much as possible with this opportunity.
>For those of you still getting snowed on, have no fear,
>Spring is on its
> way!
> Christianna

Kerri Martinsen