[Sca-cooks] ,,,translation of a period cookbook

julian wilson smnco37 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 22 15:49:19 PDT 2005

Phlip <phlip at 99main.com> wrote: And why do you want him to put it in the toilet, Lady's Room or otherwise?
Unlike the gentlemen, Ladies do not consider the restroom an adjunct reading
room....

Saint Phlip,
CoD
COMMENT...
So, in your interpretation of "early Middle Inglysche"  a "Privy Sele" is used for what? Colin Torode has just made 2 very nice ones for my two Characters; and I do assure you they have nothing to do with "garderobes", "Houses of Office", "neccessaries", or "setes of Eaze".

Yours in service,
Julian Wilson,
[aka. Messire Matthew Baker/Matthieu Besquer, Governor & Castellan of Jersey, 1486-1497: - "Si vis pacem, para bellum"]
late-medieval Re-enactor; & Historian and Master Artisan to
"The Companie of the Duke's Leopards",
[the only medieval living-history Group
in "olde" Jersey]