[Sca-cooks] Sugar Plate - gelatin vs Gum Trag...

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon May 30 23:29:05 PDT 2005

> With Sugar Plate, what are the advantages/disadvantages between using
> Gelatin
> and Gum Traganth and are there any other agents that can be used and
> the
> relative merits of them...
>
> Drakey - about to embark on a sugar plate frenzy as soon as he has
> finished his Chaperon with oak-leave dagging...

Yeah, I don't think that sugar plate would work for that oak leaf
dagging. :-) I could just see a bunch of SCA folks swarming around you,
breaking off pieces and nibbling like a bunch of piranas.

You might want to take a look at this file in the FOOD-SWEETS section
for a bunch of info on sugarpaste. A lot of it from Mistress Alys.

sugar-paste-msg (104K) 6/29/03   Making sugar paste sotelties.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/sugar-paste-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas