[Sca-cooks] Chickens in Hochee-

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue May 31 12:46:30 PDT 2005

How large were the garlic gloves? Size of the bird?
The recipe says
Add garlic cloves whole, if very large halve.
This indicates it's done in about 45 minutes.

Alton Brown's recipe for 40 Cloves and a Chicken
takes an hour and half in an oven. He's using
1 whole chicken (broiler/fryer) cut into 8 pieces.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_16200,00.html

James Beard's recipe calls for an hour and half too.
http://www.leitesculinaria.com/recipes/jbh/chick_40_cloves.html

Johnnae