[Sca-cooks] English Doctors want to ban pointy knives...

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue May 31 18:38:31 PDT 2005

> no outlet for their aggressive tendencies. Read carefully: WE ARE A PREDATOR
> SPECIES. The only way to circumvent this, to make it so at least in most cases
> people aren't attacked, is to make it not worth it.

Let's not get into that sort of discussion, ok? Then we start discussing
the rates of violence in historical armed society and things go
downhill.

The real issue behind the editorial (*did* anyone actually go look at
the original?) was pointed out by one of the commenters on the BMJ
website: "It will feel to a busy M.O.that every man and his dog is being
damaged by kitchen knives." Now they've said it, they've gotten it out
of their systems, got the NRA sympathizers going, and probably worked
off some steam.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"All of us have special ones who have loved us into being. Would you
just take, along with me, ten seconds to think of the people who have
helped you become who you are. " -- Mr. Fred Rogers