[Sca-cooks] English Doctors want to ban pointy knives...

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Tue May 31 17:41:01 PDT 2005

In a message dated 5/31/2005 8:12:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lilinah at earthlink.net writes:
They are concerned because apparently there has been a sudden upsurge
in knifings in England.
Of course there were... they took away all the legal guns and gave the people
no outlet for their aggressive tendencies. Read carefully: WE ARE A PREDATOR
SPECIES. The only way to circumvent this, to make it so at least in most cases
people aren't attacked, is to make it not worth it. This had been done one of
two ways so far... everybody's armed or suspected to be so OR everybody is so
oppressed by the powers that be that they don't usually think to do something
to their neighbor. These two extremes seem to keep attacks at a minimum. The
former makes Governments nervous, as people might take it into their heads
that things need changing by violent means.The latter usually makes this happen,
as eventually people have nothing to lose. The exception (and there are always
exceptions) seems to be the most recent revolution in the Eastern Bloc...
somehow they revolted and nobody got hung, or if they did I don't remember
reading about it. Another exception is the American Revolution, we wern't starving,
and in fact England is an ally now, and was through most of our history in
fact.... go figure.

Corwyn

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort.
  --Herm Albright