[Sca-cooks] Chickens in Hochee-

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue May 31 18:42:39 PDT 2005

> I made the Chicken in Hochee (from COI- Cariadoc has it with his redaction
> at http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/cariadoc/poultry.html#3 ) in camp Sunday
> evening (along with Losyns, some asparagus, and a Tart of Strawberye) and
> it was a hit- but there was one part I wasn't happy with- the garlic didn't
> cook through. The recipe doesn't say anything about the garlic being
> already cooked, but the cloves weren't cooked when I unstuffed the chicken,
> even though the chicken was falling off the bones. The garlic was still
> crunchy, and quite hot.
>
> Might there have been a step left out? Or did the writer mean cooked garlic
> and neglected to mention it? I think it was very good as is, but would be
> spectacular with the garlic cooked through. Any thoughts? Bueller?

Did you use stewing chicken, or roasting chicken? or one of those
massively juicey Purdue  Turkey-Chickens as Christopher calls them?

Also, I wouldn't use whole cloves based on the recipe, myself; it
doesn't say, though.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"All of us have special ones who have loved us into being. Would you
just take, along with me, ten seconds to think of the people who have
helped you become who you are. " -- Mr. Fred Rogers