[Sca-cooks] Chickens in Hochee-

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue May 31 17:56:21 PDT 2005

--- "Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at jeffnet.org> wrote:

> Hmm.
> If I'd left the chicken in the broth that long, it would fall apart (as it
> was, I had a hard time getting it out of the pot), which would rather
> defeat the purpose of stuffing it, I'd think. So I'm back to wondering how
> the garlic and the chicken are done through at the same time.
>
> 'Lainie

Since you think that the time was sufficient to cook the chicken but not the
cloves of garlic, then quarter the garlic or slice it so that it will take less
time for it to cook.

The original recipe says:

Take persel and sawge, with other erbes; take garlec & grapes, and stoppe the chikenus ful

It doesn't say anything about the size of the garlic or whether they are cut up or not.  I
personally would chop them up a bit before stuffing the chicken.  This would allow them
to cook and to infuse more garlicky goodness into to chicken.

Huette