[Sca-cooks] way OOP-- whipped cream frosting

Alexa mysticgypsy1008 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 10:12:10 PST 2005

Hey all you awesome baking-type people!

Sorry for the way out of period question- but you all
are an awesome wealth of knowledge in the kitchen.

I have a large collection of the wilton cake pans-but
all of them want you do use the 'buttercream'
frosting.  Now, I don't mind doing that for my kids,
they like what I have always called 'lard-frosting'
aka buttercream.  My husband's birthday is coming up
and he has requested 'the pooh bear with the honey
pot' cake.  We both prefer the whipped cream type
frosting.  From past experiences it doesnt hold up
well to the fine detailed decorating.

Here are my questions-- is there a recipe out there
that one of you have used that is similar to the
whipped cream frosting that will hold up to the
decorating? Or-what can I add to the whipped cream
frosting to make it a little thicker or more stable?

Thanks everyone,
Alexa