[Sca-cooks] Cooking Nightmare

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 3 09:16:48 PST 2005

Well, if you weren't wearing only your small clothes, then you aren't over
the edge . .. yet.  (If you were nude, then, well, you'd better make sure
you 'conjure' an apron next time. )

Well, Serena, it seems those years of fast-paced, precision cooking
challenges are catching up to you.  My personal nightmare that has recurred
several times is that 200 people are coming to dinner, it's Saturday
morning, and I have to go start grocery shopping.  Yup, no preshopping or
price spotting before then.  Sometimes I have a menu and recipes . . .
sometimes I don't.  Last time I got started after lunch, and I've never
actually gotten the moment of truth where I actually have to cook.  HUGE
sweating when I wake up.

niccolo difrancesco
(some of those nightmares we occasionally have could actually be flashbacks)