[Sca-cooks] Question, late period Dutch - Pancakes

Barbara Benson voxeight at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 12:54:07 PST 2005

Greetings,

I am working with a friend on building a printing press.

Yes, I know, how is this relavent? Well, he came across the following quote:

"This Plaster of Paris it tempered fair with Water to the consistance
of Batter for Pancakes, or somewhat thicker...."

regarding setting the marble slab into plaster of paris. Unless we
have a better understanding of period Dutch Pancakes - we are kind of
in the dark here.

So, I was wondering if anyone out there could shed some light on this
subject. Dutch is not one of the areas I have much understanding of.
But I believe I remember some good gentles here that have looked into
the culture.

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva