[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 30, Issue 36

cldyroz at aol.com cldyroz at aol.com
Fri Nov 11 12:37:37 PST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: sca-cooks-request at ansteorra.orgSusan Fox wrote:

> Rose petals may not have the tensile strength you want as a substrate
> for a fairly sloppy [if tasty] cheese like Angel's Food. Also a bit of
> flavor redundancy with the rose in the Kushiananai.  Maybe the
> Shrewsberys would be a better idea after all.  Maybe with the Angel's
> Food on the side as kind of a dip?

Yes, but the rose petals would be such a pretty display. Perhaps placing
rose petals on the Shrewsberys and placing a dollop of the Angel's Food
on top? Or put the Angel's Food on the Shrewsberys and place a roese
petal on top? You wouldn't need many, and the rest of the Shrewsberys
could be served as Selene has suggested.

Aoghann
**that would be pretty, but, the wind? All the petals would fly off before Her Majesty gets there! :)
Rose petals taste a little bit like a light lettuce, so most of what you taste is the cheese. It is wonderful, and if I was sure it was going to be a still day...but the forcaste says differently. A goodly breeze is helpful to the fighters, but deadly to delicate things.

------------------------------

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 09:43:41 -0800
cldyroz at aol.com wrote:
>Here is the menu in mind for tomorrow's table at the Queen's Rapier
>Champion Tourney;
>
>Kushiananai

That's Khushknanaj (less often khushkananaj). The -nan- part means
"bread". Not such a mouthful... break it down: kushk - nahn - ahj (or
less often kush-kah-nahn-ahj)

If you use puff paste, yes, you will be making a somewhat new and
different dish. But since, as far as i can tell, you're not being
graded on this for authenticity, use what works. The goal is tasty
food.
--
Urtatim
Yes, ma'am, I mean, no ma'am, I am not being graded. Her Majesty is Christianna's associate, though. Christy is well-known and well-respected in this Kingdom. There are many a beginning cook in this Kingdom that face having her or any of her associates at their table with a great deal of trepidation. I know Mistress Christianna pooh-pooh's that notion, for she really is the nicest of the forth-right Laurel/Pelicans I know, but still-she does have a fearsome reputation in this Kingdom.

Message: 5