[Sca-cooks] Masterpiece Theater Alert

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sat Nov 12 10:02:55 PST 2005

Coming this Sunday on most PBS stations--
The Virgin Queen
Airing Sundays, November 13 + 20, 2005 on PBS
(Check local listings; dates and times may vary)
Vulnerable and imperious, passionate and unreachable, from teenage
princess to accomplished queen, forever torn between duty and personal
longing, the reign of Elizabeth I is exposed in lavish and spectacular
style.
Anne-Marie Duff stars as the enigmatic 'Virgin Queen' in a spellbinding
drama about the life of one of Britain's greatest monarchs, Elizabeth I.
Her femininity baffled and threatened the male order of Renaissance
England for more than 40 years. The role is as challenging and complex
as anything history offers.
Check the website below for links and bibliography
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/virginqueen/index.html

Johnnae llyn Lewis