[Sca-cooks] cheese for feast

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Sun Nov 13 17:13:49 PST 2005

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise wrote:

>Oops. Too late, of course, but here's my 2 cents:
>
>I would alot about 1/2 lb per table. In tables of 8, that's 2.5-3 lbs;
>in tables of 10, that's about 2 lbs. More than that will look pretty but
>won't get eaten, in my experience; and cheese is very filling.

Yup, I'm with you-- and you especially don't want to offer too much of a
heavy, dense food in the first course where it will fill people up to
quickly and dull their appetite for the rest of the meal.

I also think that you're far better off buying a smaller amount of nice,
interesting cheese than a larger amount of something ordinary.

--
Adele de Maisieres

Habeo metrum - musicamque,
hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?