[Sca-cooks] cheese research

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Nov 12 23:26:00 PST 2005

Eibhlin mentioned:
> My first foray into the world of cheese was back in
> '99 at my first feast in the West.  Everything was
> carefully researched for historical accuracy for the
> feast, and then they plunked down a plate of cubed
> colby and monterey jack cheese in front of us.  It
> bugged me so much that I started making my own and
> researching it.

Eibhlin, I'm not sure what you've researched, but much of the info
you gave in the rest of your message was new to me. I do have a few
message files and articles in the Florilegium on cheese. I'd
appreciate it if you could find the time sometime to glance through
those files and would be happy to add any commentary or corrections
to those files that you want to write up. Right now all of the cheese
related files are in the FOOD section with the exception of one
translation of a period writing on cheese, which is in the FOOD-
MANUSCRIPT section. I think sometime when time permits I will
probably create a FOOD-DAIRY section and move all the cheese and milk
files there.

Or, have you written up any of the period cheese research? I'd love
to consider any articles you have already written or any that you
might like to write. the copyright remains with the author and I ask
no exclusivity, so you could republish the articles elsewhere.

Thanks,
   Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas