[Sca-cooks] Re: cheese for a feast

RUTH EARLAND rtannahill at verizon.net
Sun Nov 13 15:27:01 PST 2005

When it comes to feast planning, I'm a cheapskate.

I only allow an ounce of cheese per person. If you trim it and slice it, an
ounce of cheese can look like a fair amount.

About the only time I allow 2 ounces per person is if it's the vegetarian
alternative to a meat course. Background on this: I don't like to leave the
vegetarians out. I don't think it's fair that they pay the same feast fee as
everyone else, but don't eat the most expensive part. So, lately, I've been
offering tasty vegetarian alternatives to the meat dishes on a side table.
It's been working out fairly well. Last feast, the vegetarians were
delighted.

Berelinde