[Sca-cooks] A lesson in cooking

CLdyroz at aol.com CLdyroz at aol.com
Sun Nov 13 20:30:57 PST 2005

OK, I have to tell this story on myself....
It is Midnight, that cusp between days, when there is insufficient caffeine
and the bed still looks far and distant, because there is stuff in the oven and
the kitchen looks like a subsequent three day wreck.
You have one more recipe to prepare. It is easy. You have done this before
and you have read over it many, many times.
You read the ounce content of the container. OK, there is 15 ounces ricotta
cheese..3 times what the recipe calls for, so you multiply everything by
three...
Ew and ick-it is watery and stinky of too much rose water...
You go back to the recipe....
There is only 1.5 times the cheese, but there was added three times the
amount of sugar and rose water.
::shudder::
check the fridge.
No soft cheese.
Contemplate a midnight run to Wally World.
Check the oven contents...look at the kitchen wreck...
Start cleaning and decide to worry about it in a few hours, after 4 hours
sleep and a good shower....

So, um...Would Angel's Food freeze?
You see, I have this huge bowl of cheese stuff left over....

Helen
Laughing at myself now, after getting a full night of sleep last night
(finally).....