[Sca-cooks] math time reply

cldyroz at aol.com cldyroz at aol.com
Wed Nov 16 15:56:31 PST 2005

OK, *TweeeeT* TIME OUT!
I appreciate y'all's feelings, really, I do! Believe me!

When I do Feast budgets as part of an Event bid, I give the cook at least $7 a head-and the next one will be $8. Why? *I* grocery shop. I know what prices are like. I also appreciate the quality ingredients, can mean a superior Feast.

I am one of 4 cooks, with an over-all budget of $500.  The first course cook is having Salmon Pasties with Salat. The Second course cook is baking chicken and fixing green beans. I have the third course. The fourth course will be desserts.

I was not really given a choice of what to cook, and I was informed, two weeks ago,  to find another veggie (I wanted the Salat). I have been searching high and low for one that will get eaten, not starred at with an "Eww, what's this?" I know everyone loves asparagus...and Sam's sells it in the BIG cans...but it would take at least 9 cans.... ::fleeting screechs of frustration::

Good suggestions will be welcome, trust me.
I have put in a request for the Head Cook to call me tonight. We do need to talk....

But, my first and foremost question was on the math part fo the portions. I do want to make sure I have enough of the rice...and not too much! <G> There is the family story of when Mother cooked rice for the first time....

thank you for your feelings on this matter-I do appreciate it!

Helen