[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 30, Issue 54

Honour Horne-Jaruk jarukcomp at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 16 12:49:49 PST 2005

> > > Oh, the joy of planning one course on a dollar
> per person....
> > >
> > > Helen
>
> I think she was saying she was doing *one course* in
> a meal of several
> courses.  So at least the entire feast isn't $1 per
> person.  Even so,
> that's still a pretty tight budget.
>
> Sandra
Respected friends:
I'm Alisond de Brebeuf (Recent spelling change), the
author of "Rob Peter to feed Paul: halving feast
costs", which I am now in the process of revising.
$1.00 US a person is a tight budget, but perfectly
reasonable- if _at least_ 80% of the feast is seasonal
foods. Personally, I'd no more serve asparagus in
November than I would clams in August... But I'm
notorious for undercharging and overfeeding. How about
a sallet with mint leaves? Since I'm allergic to lamb,
I have no recipes for it, but I do remember that my
family thought mint with lamb was Gospel...
    Google RPFP if you'd like to read the article in
its old form- I'd love advice on the revision.

In service to both the Societies of which I am a member-
(Friend) Honour Horne-Jaruk, R.S.F.
Alisond de Brebeuf, C.O.L. S.C.A.- AKA Una the wisewoman, or That Pict