[Sca-cooks] need pastellum variant

Lonnie D. Harvel ldh at ece.gatech.edu
Tue Nov 22 08:02:36 PST 2005

Greetings!

I am doing a feast for a high school madrigal dinner on 12/10. I had
planned on preparing "A Lombard Pastellum" for one of the courses.
However, the only other meat I am serving is a roast pork. Since the
Pastellum has bacon (Canadian) in it, that would eliminate both meat
dishes for those who do not eat pork. I am looking for suggestions for
adapting the Pastellum. I thought about replacing the bacon with thinly
sliced onion, or perhaps a combination of onions and apples. Ideas?

Thanks,
Aoghann