[Sca-cooks] need pastellum variant

Mike C. Baker / Kihe Blackeagle kihebard at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 22 12:19:15 PST 2005

Bustard.

Well, there being a serious lack of good bustard at most local fowlers,
perhaps emu, ostrich, or turkey -- chicken as the fallback, again --
especially smoked or "half-jerkied" (prepare as for jerky, but not as
thoroughly dried as you might otherwise...)

Another meat alternate might be "beef bacon", turkey bacon, or similar
substitutes for pork products.

Vegetable alternates might include eggplant, squash, or other firm-fleshed
items - turnip / parsnip / rutabaga?  I would hesitate to go with only
onion, but the onion-apple mix is promising (again, "solid" forms of apple,
perhaps the more tart varieties).

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe
Kitchen Idiot

Mike C. Baker
SCA: al-Sayyid Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra, F.O.B., OSCA
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com  OR MCBaker216 at cs.com
   Buy my writings!:   http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen