[Sca-cooks] Cooking Nightmare

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Wed Nov 2 12:19:26 PST 2005

Barbara Benson wrote:

>Greetings,
>

>So, I only had one pan big enough for the food (which was bizzarrely
>Spagetti and Meatballs) so I had gotten one batch done for the
>ravening hordes, and it was being distributed. I needed to fill up the
>pot with water for the next batch, but there was no one who would go
>get water for me.

Ah, what you need is an attitude adjustment-- no not your attitude, your
diners'.  I recommend the following approach.  Use a loud, clear voice.
Announce, "I need this pot filled with water so that I can cook dinner
for everyone who's waiting."  Then simply hand it to someone and make
yourself busy with some other part of dinner.  It will be filled. Thank
profusely the person who went to fill it.

--
Adele de Maisieres

Habeo metrum - musicamque,
hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?