OT Repetitive Childhood Rituals: was, Re: [Sca-cooks] Gunthar's Adventures with Sugar plate (very long, grab some t...

Lonnie D. Harvel ldh at ece.gatech.edu
Sun Nov 6 11:11:38 PST 2005

> My niece was responsible for, "Frosty the Snowman... had two eyes
> made out of coal... had two eyes mayd dowd of gole-ole-ole 'ad doo
> eyezz mayd dowd of gole..."

When my eldest daughter was 4 years old, she took a theological leap and
changed the chorus of "Angels We Have Heard On High." That's the one
with the "glo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ria, in excelsis Deo" chorus. Her version
was "Glow, everybody, glow, everybody, glow, everybody,.. " cascading
down the scale until she ran out of breath. I kinda like her take on it.

Aoghann