OT Repetitive Childhood Rituals: was, Re: [Sca-cooks] Gunthar's Adventures with Sugar plate (very long, grab some t...

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sun Nov 6 06:19:59 PST 2005

On Nov 6, 2005, at 6:28 AM, Dianne & Greg Stucki wrote:

> OTOH, I may have to strangle my 10 y.o. It's six in the morning and
> he is singing "If you're scary and you know it, just say
> RRRAAAHHH!!" Over and over. Loudly.
>
> Did I mention it's 6 a.m.? Please pass the coffee and the aspirin.
>
> Laurensa

My niece was responsible for, "Frosty the Snowman... had two eyes
made out of coal... had two eyes mayd dowd of gole-ole-ole 'ad doo
eyezz mayd dowd of gole..."

Second verse, same as the first. Ad infinitum. (Note that in my
opinion, this is actually an improvement over the actual lyrics. I
despise fake, revisionist folklore, and the best rendering of Frosty
I've ever encountered was in the pilot for "South Park".)

On the other hand, someone in my family (who will remain nameless)
has been known on occasion to sing, to the movies' most obvious main
title theme's tune, "Thuh-uh Looord of the Rings totally _sucks_...
it goes onnnnnnn and onnnnn for-evvvvvvveeer. And the Looooooord of
the Rings," etc., etc. The only rule appears to be that you have to
substitute another expression for "And" with each repetition:
"Because", "Therefore", "That's why," and so on.

Make mine ibuprofen.

Adamantius