[Sca-cooks] Re: Boar in Comfit

Carole Smith renaissancespirit2 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 7 17:43:15 PST 2005

A note of caution: when you heat the honey and wine together, do not leave the stove area for any reason.  It enthusiastically boils up (and over) unless you are there to stir it.

Cordelia Toser

Michael Gunter <countgunthar at hotmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

Other dishes I'm displaying are Boar in Comfit (ham with a glaze of white
wine,
honey, ginger and rose water), a custard with rose water, a cinnamon tart,
two rose liquers one with brandy and one with rum, the Angel's food and
those
damned cinnamon sticks.

I don't have the time to remake them so I'll display them as a learning
tool.

Gunthar