[Sca-cooks] Apple cider

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Nov 10 22:07:59 PST 2005

Arwen asked:
> So ... this has probably been asked/answered here before, but I'm
> drawing a blank.
>
> Is apple cider period?

Yes.

See these files in the BEVERAGES section of the Florilegium:
cider-art         (23K) 10/31/95    Article on brewing ciders.
cider-msg         (72K)  7/ 1/04    Apple and other ciders. Cider
presses.

> How about mulled cider?

Yes.

See this file in the same section:
wassail-msg       (25K)  4/30/01    Spiced cider and ale drinks.
Traditions.

Two more, similar files in the same section:
perry-msg         (10K) 11/30/01    A cider made with pear juice.
spiced-wine-msg   (47K)  7/ 5/04    Spiced wines. Hippocras. Recipes.

There is also some information in the FOOD-FRUITS section
specifically about cider apples.

> (Inquiring apprentices want to know.....)

Perhaps inquiring apprentices ought to memorize
"florilegium.org".  :-) :-)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas