[Sca-cooks] How old are sugared almonds?

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Nov 11 04:06:25 PST 2005

By the time one gets to the early 14th or 13th centuries
there aren't that many surviving recipe collections anyway.
Recipes circa 1300 and earlier?
It's dark for everyone. Regular recipes are hard to locate for those eras.
Confectionary recipes are even harder to find. There are mentions in
apothecary literature and in household accounts that such things were
purchased or available for purchase, but recipes for them????

Johnnae