[Sca-cooks] Armored Turnips, was OT: Frying Cheese

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Fri Nov 11 11:52:15 PST 2005

>But I've found that most folks who are willing to try the dish even
>if they don't like turnips, usually wind up liking it.

The first time I had armored turnips was at Pennsic 38 or 39, the
year we camped in the Enchanted ground.  I helped prepare it, and
watched closely so I could make it again, but mine has never been
quite that good.  Cooked over a wood fire, eaten outside... anything
tastes better like that.

When we got home, my daughter asked me to please don't forget to buy
turnips.  Anything that makes an eight year old BEG for turnips has
GOT to be good!

Ranvaig