[Sca-cooks] Curye on Inglysch

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sun Nov 13 08:13:27 PST 2005

I have nights like that too (knees and hips, blech).
And I had parents who thought, at first, that the SCA was a cult, as well.
Poor things. <g>
There are a number of mustard references in ConI.  Have fun finding them!
I'd have to look up my doco, but at least one of the sources I use for my
Perpetual Mustard recipe* is ConI.
--maire
*Perpetual Mustard-->I'm forever making mustard and canning it to either
give as gifts (mundane holiday presents, etc.), or to pass on to various
royals to use as largesse.  Almost always, it's some form of a spiced,
whole-grain mustard, made with equal parts yellow and brown mustard seed,
moistened with cider vinegar and hard cider, and sweetened with honey.
Spices are any one of several hippocras mixtures, depending entirely on what
I have on hand.  I believe that it's in ConI that I found the honey
reference.....