[Sca-cooks] OT: SCA as cult (was Curye on Inglysch)

Robin rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 13 09:14:15 PST 2005

Sue Clemenger wrote:

>I have nights like that too (knees and hips, blech).
>And I had parents who thought, at first, that the SCA was a cult, as well.
>Poor things. <g>

When I joined the SCA, it was in a newly-formed canton that was mostly
college students.  One girl who came to an organizational meeting said
that her parents were encouraging her interest in the SCA.... because t
would keep her away from her weird friends in science fiction fandom.

--
Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
Robin Carroll-Mann *** rcmann4 at earthlink.net