[Sca-cooks] Curye on Inglysch

mollirose at bellsouth.net mollirose at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 13 08:23:09 PST 2005

My first mustard soup was at Meridian Maneuvers over a year ago. I was
honored to be feast helper for the Glorious Mistress Mairih (spelling) and
the lovely HL Dinah. Oh yummmm mustard soup. That was...just...heaven.

I love sauces. IMO sauces can make a meal. A less then dazzling piece of
meat can be saved by just the right sauce. I was raised a "sopper". Sopping
was an art form in our home. A good sauce, drippings, juices...a hunk of
bread either with fingers or fork...sop. If with a fork, stab some meat, a
bit of bread, dip in gravy, sauce, juice...bite. Some stews and soups were
sopped first then the junks managed with flatware. From plan old sliced
white to whatever Mom could find in the store or make herself that was
"exotic"...rye, pumpernickel, potato, french, sourdough - flat bread, quick
bread, yeast bread, etc. So what you sopped with was as important as what
you were sopping. Yes, and I'm sure that is where my love of all things Carb
has come from. I love the process of making bread.....so off I go on a
tangent when I have other things to attend to.

Thank you again.

Molli