[Sca-cooks] cheese for making armor

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 13 18:25:27 PST 2005

> I think this is the first time I've heard anything about "peeling
> them thickly", though. So that probably isn't in that file, but it
> will be. :-)
>
> Stefan
> --------

I have conducted the experiment on multiple occasions and feel that I have
sufficient empirical evidence that it works that way.  Most recently, only
yesterday, when very little Cream of Turnip Soup came back to the kitchen at
the Caid Coronation Feast.  Comment most frequently encountered:  "THAT was
turnips??!"

It's not only turnips.  When I have garlic cloves which are beginning to
sprout, the green bit is bitter but the rest of the clove is fine to use.
On the other hand, not all "growth" tissue in other plants is bitter, for
example most kinds of edible salad sprouts.

Selene